Sales Engineer / Sales Manager Americas: Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) systems
Mek Europe BV and Mek Americas LLC are the European/American Headquarters for Mek Japan (Marantz Electronics) and are responsible for the sales and marketing of Mek Automatic Optical Inspection systems (3D/2D AOI/SPI) in Europe, Americas, Middle East and Africa.
Optical Inspection Systems are currently installed in most Electronics PCB assembly plants. The systems are designed to find assembly defects on electronics PCB’s before they leave the factory to improve outgoing quality and reduce rework costs.
This inspection function was formerly carried out by human eyes, but due to the miniaturization of electronics and demands for higher quality this has become inceasingly automated by 2D and 3D AOI systems for higher accuracy and speed.
Mek offers AOI systems in all price segments of this highly competitive market and faces competition from Far East low cost systems as well as from high tech driven companies around the globe. Well skilled and driven sales engineers can make the difference in the demonstration and sales process.
Despite the competition we have gained an important global market share of more than 5000 installed units. Mek is classed as one of the major players in this segment.
Profile Sales Engineer
- Title: Sales Engineer Americas
- Education: Mechanical / Electronics / IT engineering
- Level: Bachelor
- Languages: English, Spanish would be an advantage
- Experience: No specific experience required. Experience of AOI systems or PCB assembly market would be an advantage
- Software: Easy with computers and networking, MS Office, especially Excel, MAC OS-X. Graphics experience with photo and imaging software is a plus.
- Available: immediate
- Rewards: Salary and bonus depends on experience level and results
- Function: To demonstrate/support/sell Marantz 22X AOI systems throughout USA, Mexico and Canada with backing from the European teams. To support sales representatives in their sales targets; To find and manage sales opportunities; To program the machine effectively for sales purposes (online and on-site); To develop additional tools and libraries to increase sales and demo effectiveness and satisfy customer demands.
Depending on your profile, the function can evolve into a Sales Manager function:
- To further develop the business utilising sales and marketing activities
- To maintain and develop the nationwide sales network
- To be a professional discussion partner for Electronics Assembly Companies looking to achieve quality improvements through the use of AOI systems
- To clearly explain and convince customers and distributors of Mek system advantages compared to competition and vice versa
- To translate customers’ demands into proposals to aid the development of our organization
Convincing, confident in communicating with people from different organization levels. Likes to travel throughout the US, mentality to invest time in a growing business division.
Submit your application to:
Mrs. Inge Molthoff